Tuesday, April 12, 2005

World Record !! - Chennai beware....I have a 'L to Kill'

The day : 12 April 2005
Time : 10 : 30.
Situation : Have to get a License to drive a Four wheeler

The story :

Me (to my PM) : hey....can I go out for some 3 hrs...I have to get my DL for a 4 wheeler...
PM: Today...its already 10 30.....dont waste time...twill take u all day to get it....and I dont want u to be missing in action !!..
M: no...I will be gone jus for some 2-3 hrs....will come back...
PM:...ok....do what ever u want...I am following the match....dont disturb me !....
Me ( thinking) : match...what the.....PAK will win this one too....haven't u heard bout match fixing ?....like duh....

Time : 10 35
Place : my office smoking tree...thats where we smoke
stuation: me still without a Dl but a ciggi in hand...

Plan of action :
Will take me 25 mins to get to the RTO office....so thats 11....and another 5 mins to fiil up the form..another 10 to pay the fee....11:15....them the last driving test is at 11:15...take the test...get back to the RTO office...take the Photo.....get the print out....get it signed by the RTO and laminate it....and out by 12 30......sounds simple....lets see...

Time : 10 :42
Place : Parking lot
Catch: I dont have my car to take the test !!!....problems can be handled as the come !

Time : 10 55
Situation : 5 mins ahead of schedule
Mood : tense yet upbeat

Time : 11:00
Situation : form filled up but a looooooooooooong 'Q' for the fee paymet
Plan: ladies queue....

Me: escooseme.....yenakku pay panni thareengala...
Some lady.....: ileenga ....ore queue thaan....
Me:................

Ok...then I wait in the queue....for a long time...some idiot didn't have change....and that took another 10 mins...off my plan...then there was a oldie who was filling up the form in the queue.....finally I paid the fee and got off the 'Q'....

Time : 11 58
Situation: Hopeless....last test must be over...

Twist in the Tale:
There is another test at 12 !!!

Time : 12
ah cut the crap !!!@!
I went for the test...didnt have a car...picked up a talk with someone there....borrowed his car took the test and at 12 30 I was back at the 'Q' to take the pic...I was drained....Chennai is really hot today.....
My turn came ....walked in....some lady snapping pics in there....I smiled...I always smile at anyone I see....she smiled back...me and my big mouth...." nalla Saarukku kaan maathiri yedunga"...thats....she and the guy operating the comp...were on the floor and laughing....and after three trials....some pic was put on the printout and given to me...

usually u r asked to sing and leave it and come collect it at 4....for me.....special treatment....I took the print out and walked out......time was 1 :30......the RTO was out for lunch....damn-

I asked the attender in there where he eats...." that shop at the end sir...."
run....run to the shop.....the RTO eating lime rice.....thats when I remembered I was hungry.....to hell with it.....
" master oru tea "......sat next to the RTO....with the tea glass.....smiled at him again.....he smiled back...I told him.." yenna sir,...romba late aaguthu...RTO vera unchuku pooitaaram....officela vera manager kathuvaaru...."....
"thanbi....yenna licensesa?"..."aamam sir"....." wait pannu saaptu sign panni tharen"..." oh...neengathaan RTO va ....sooper sir... wait pannaren,...thanks sir"....then he moved on to curd rice....I sat there starng at him....

" yenna pa urgenta?....kudu sing pannithaaren.....saapada kooda vidamaatengara....intha...pooi...lainate pannikittu....egisterla sign pannitu poopa..."
" ok sir...thanks sir...."

run back to the RTO....got it lam' and singen the register.....time 2:05.....

Time : 2:05
Status : mission accompalished...in record time

I can tell u this....I think I am the only guy to have got is license before 4 o'clk that day...!!.....smart right.....thank you !....thank you !....

went back home...dumped my bike.... took my car drove back to office ...time 3:00.....

Moral of the story :

1 lrt diesel 30Rs

1 Indica DLS car 4.2 lacks Rs

getting ur license in record time without priceless !
paying a bribe...jus using ur brains

6 Comments:

Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

yeah....have being doing these kinda stuff all my life...maybe i should cahnge my profession and becomea con artist !....not even a year and i already hate my job !!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Suguna said...

i have taken LLR 4 times and end up in the RTO office just to know that it expired. enakku oru license venume.

1:54 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@sugs

onnum matteru illa....all have to do is renew ur LLR and after one month go there....on a saturday...get the form....fill up the form....pick up a talk with the guy who is selling it....he'll know know when to come and how to get the Dl....but dont ...ever...give ur LLR and money to someone at the RTO who says he'll get it for u...lotsa cheats....

OR

Jus tell me which RTO and I will tell u how to go about it...I know Driving schools who ca get u the license...but tell me before u take the LLR again....is Mandaveli RTO ok ?....

9:14 PM  
Blogger ammani said...

Congratulations on your driving license. I've had 40 hours of lessons (each hour costing £19) and my instructor still feels I'm not ready for test :(
On a different note, have put up a review of VGL on http://puthagam.blogspot.com God, it was such hard reading towards the end. I had lumps in my throat. Everyone in my reading group just loved it. Also look me up http://jikku.blogspot.com when you have a mo.
Thank you.

2:31 AM  
Blogger Aero Dillon said...

dear Kaushik>Best wishes for a happy tamil new year day tho' a day belated since I had to find where u r hiding and what "phobo phobia" U have.Your time a/c of Ur adventures before preparing to kill shoes atleast U don't have time phobia!
As regards "L'to kill,DrRangachary
the only person for whom there is a statue in front of G.H,once succesfully operated a Chettiar for
a copper coin embedded in his stomache!In return he demanded a 'ROLLS Royce" which was given.When the Doc tried to drive it for the 1st time he hit a man on the Rd,but told him "Don't worry
I am a good surgeon;I will freely treat U".He was a man of great humour and a genius.
btb I am really not able to read
your blog what with a black background and insignificant colors
All the best Partha krish

12:32 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@Ammani
hey ichecked out ur review and left a comment....and I am actually recomending ur cooking blog to my aunt and some friends ...sure they'll find it very useful !

@Ansh

Suuuure....u can do any thing....for jus 29.99$....ah...jus kiddin...goahead and blogroll and bulldozz me ....

@Partha krish

Thanks for dropping in....ungalukkum yenathu iniya thamizh puththaandu nal vaazhthukkal...

OTHERS WHO R READING >>>THIS AINT FOR U !!!

let u in on a big Secret ....actually the phobias I have : zero....I couldn't get myself to write about my stupid life and happenings....so the phobia stuff is just a cover !...


Point taken....i usually blog some time in the night....from office...i am usually half dead when I do this...but this isn't an excuse...will make is look pleasing from next time on !!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home