Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Necrophobia- Fear of death or dead things.

Tis almost 9 in the night...still in office,asusual....have to write this...jus now a mail came in from my friend in the states....was my college mate...some attachments in the mail...some pics that we had taken when in college...

The picture goes like this...4 of us giving faces to the camera with the most beautiful of beaches in the BG....the pic was taken some time in dec 2002....final yr of college....a nice pic taken at a place called 'Saamiyarpettai'....somewhere between Cudaloore and chidambaram...the white sand...blue waves that lashed non-stop ....the vast steach of beach was practically empty everytime we went there...close to our college in CDM...we usedto hang out in the beach at odd hours ....

Time : January 1st.
Day : New Year.

this was the first time I missed the new year cake at home....why ?...cause I wasn't home...silly !
where was I...Back at Saamiyarpettai...not for a party...but for a totally different thing....
on 26 th..ye all know what happened....tsunami...this place was nothing like what I remembered it...in a jeans and a loose cotton shirt....my friends and I were at the sea shore...helping the affected ..
even after 3 days the shock was still there....the white sands ,were now...all brown,...the clear blue water ...was now muddy....bodies and old people all around...and infants crying and people sleeping on the road....thats when I ....for the first time...thanked god...for atleast giving people the heart to help...rather than party on that day....There were many smiling helpers all over the place....working thro the night...and can u imagine...we...some 7 guys were able to mobilise stuff worth almost 1.25L...contributions pouring in....everyday from all the near and dear...

thats one picture I want to forget....but never will be able to !...

even in this fast paced world ,there are some ,who atleast try to make a difference....

I have to really leave now....
signing off :

"Kadal manithargalai kondu,
manithathai vittu sendru-irukkirathu;
kadalukku nandri, manithathukku nandri " - KAMALHAASAN.

"the sea has taken humans and left behind humanity,O! sea I thank thee and .......thank thee- humanity "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home