Saturday, July 30, 2005

Ainthilirunthu Aimbathu Varai....5 to 50 !!!

aaril irunthu arubathu varai...from 6 to 60 is Ranijikanth's story...but this 5 to 50 is my story....no ! not my life's story...thisiz different ... !!

Ok the comments suggest that my blogs are like JAVVU ( ;-} ) -- read that as reeeeeally loooong...so will keep this short..

I still remember...almost every month I had to got there...and always on a sunday....
if not my PT master would make me run 3 rounds ..well that was a big ground u know....

HAIRCUT !!...being a guy has some positives and some negatives....

some things I remember :

1. The wait from 8 o' clk to 9....reading paper....or some book with nice...ahem..nice pictures...

2. the slab that the cutter used to put when i was a kid...I would dissapear in that seat...

3. the pure white cloth

4. I used to close my eyes shut when it is done...I still do...

5. the scary story my nextdoor kid told me , how another kid got his ear cut off just because he didnt hold his head in that ackward angle that the cutter wanted it at

6. the powder that they dab on ur neck once it s done.Na th hard brush ....man I aint no dog !!

7. the strong smell of dettol and after shave mix.

8. the heaps of hair...I used to wonder what they'd do with all that hair....I still do !!

9. the question ....when I am giving them hair aren't they supposed to pay me ?

10. looking into the multiple reflections in the mirrors placed opposite to each other...and COUNT HOW MANY HEADS I HAVE !!

11. the bike rides with my dad to the saloon...

12. seeing people dying grey hairs to black...and wonder what colour blonde hairs grey to....well at that age I didnt know the difference between white hair and blondes !!

13. the sound of the sissors that the cutter makes when he is thinking how to spoil my good looks... ! I know....u dont hafta tell....

14. the chairs that go round and round

15. The summer crop to the mushroom cut to the now professional cut...I still prefer the summer crop...

16. everytime my dad wanted me to go back to the saloon and get it cut shorter

17. The little girls who came to boy cuts ( I still have a soooft corner for boy cuts...the demi style...no...not the BOB cuts....me hates them !!..and mind u not everyone looks good with a short crop!)

18. wonder where the cutters to get a hair cut....

19. The people who come to have a facial....ah...ye after that one u'd look like Brad pitt....pitt..yes....what crap !!

20. ..nd finally my fav. the knife they use to size and shave...man ! always wanted to have one...but dunno where to get one !

and now for the 5 to 50 !.....

I started to have cuts for 5...now they cost 50 !!.....but the 20 points remain the same....I really wonder why tis so costly now !!

14 Comments:

Blogger monu said...

read thru your blog
you have a nice blog here
:)

4:56 AM  
Blogger cutefreaky said...

so u jumped from State board essay types to point system CBSE??

does it cost only 50 for guys???? man that is so cheap. Girl's hair cut even if I go for a normal trimming haircut, the salon charges us more.. ( guys r still lucky ;)

tata
sukku

10:38 AM  
Blogger Vani Viswanathan said...

ei...inga girls-ku haircuts ellam $25! adhuvum dhamma thundu mudikku!!! adhunaala romba varutha padaathey.

1:40 AM  
Blogger Agnibarathi said...

50 rupees for a haircut in Chennai? I thought Bangalore was bad!!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Prabha said...

nice post :)
oh boy!u r lucky to be a boy..
it takes atleast 150 bucks for a girl to get her hair cut :)

3:48 AM  
Blogger Phoenix said...

I was thinking you will 50 points...but good you stopped with 20 !! ;)

8:33 PM  
Blogger ioiio said...

my blogs are like JAVVU ( ;-} )

Naan padikkalaaamnu dhaan vandhen.. Aana Idhukku apram sorry.. Meendum sandhippom

7:35 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@monu

hey thanx

9:10 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@Sukhanya

u can say that.....50 rs...!!!thats okva...just to cut my hari....takes like some 10 mins !!

9:11 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@vani

yenna yellarum 50rs oknu sollareenga ??....maye it is...but 5rs kodutha yedathula 50 too much thaan...and 50 minimum !!

9:12 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@Agni

bangalore-a !....anga i found out a salon near my place that gave me a cut for 20 rs !! TV vera !

@Prabha

yellarum sollaratha paatha ....yeah sure lucky to be a boy !

9:14 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@phoenix

50 ya ...not a bad idea...may be next time ;-)

@ioiio

ok maams...indru pooi naalai vaa !!

9:15 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@Ansh

#17 ?....boy cuta... hiya !!...sollamudiyaathu....6th padikkarappa unna kooda site adichirukkalaam !! ;-)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Adaengappa !! said...

Nice post to get "Adengappa"..

I totally agree with you !!

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home