Sunday, September 25, 2005

45 MIns of Fame !!

in my 2 yrs of work...I've never done something this cool !!

now ....now.... I never knew that this would happen...but hey ...whatever I did it !!

on thursday....around 5 15 PM I got a call from my companyz comp division...they were hyst....and were on the edge...the whole network was jacked...and for the next 45 mins no mails came in or went outta chennai infy....

haha....they told me the that the mail server was all q'd up !!....and was stuck !!....the reason?....yeah me....and the mail I fwd to my friends in office....

the limit of the mail boxes for some is 2MB and the mail attachment limit is 10MB within the office...and yeah U got it right !!...urs sent a mail with attachment 9MB and the server was pinging the full mailboxes and that got the N/W down...

no one ever knew this technique !!.....

some o' em actually came and thanked me...reason...no mails for extra work from onsite that day... !!

for 45 mins....ppl didnt even know the mails they sent never even went out !...

cool eh !?!

who rocks !!

12 Comments:

Blogger lakshmi said...

ha ha ha ! great work done.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Suguna said...

Hmm what did the top management say!!!!!!!!!!
company kku nalla aapu vechiyaaaa

2:06 PM  
Blogger cutefreaky said...

Narayana moorthy yoda email id googlina kidaikkum illa??? un blogkku naan free advertisement panren bha...

tata
sukku

7:27 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@Lakshmi

hey thanx !....u know always wanted to something like this !!

9:05 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@sugs..

top management ?....I told them i was sending out some projct docs...they asked me to FTP it !!

so escape !!

9:06 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@suk

madam...yenna prechana ungaluku ?....naanga nalla iruntha pidikalaya ?!!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Vani Viswanathan said...

evalo perumai pada vendiya vishyam! sandoshamaa blog vera pannirkiya idhapatthi? :D

5:19 AM  
Blogger Prakash said...

Hey...cool idea...
can u send something too my addresss.....so i can stop working for a while....
ohh BTW the mail u have to send is 1 gig....
prakash

5:45 AM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@vani

programmer vazkaila ithellam sagajamappa....

8:58 PM  
Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

@Prakash...

ah...1 gig wont go outta my mailbox...but one thing u can do....send some 10 MB mail to some 1000 ppl....thats shud do it !!!

9:04 PM  
Blogger che sara sara said...

hey...so u do things like this!!!

1:15 AM  
Blogger vivitsa said...

Good Job !!!

Romba naal aachu blog pakkame varala ?? kya hua ?? Infy la ore velaya?

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home